Integrative and Functional Medicine for Diabetes Reversal Program
Involves an interplay between trans-disciplinary medicines. It explores the relationship between biomedicine (modern medicine) and other contemporary systems of medicine with a focus to make it more evidence based using standard practices and methodologies for various systems and approaches which includes conventional medical system and traditional eastern system of medicine. Our goal is to reverse your diabetes, prevent further progression of the disorder, and thereby reduce your dependency on medicine or take you out of medication by careful monitoring and evaluating your health status.
The goal of the “Annual Diabetic support program” is to support you continue your good health after your Diabetes Management Program- ODP or DRP completion, by following the healthy lifestyle regimen. This will ensure that your long-term health is maintained avoiding the onset of any complications even after you have completed your program. Various Support programs are available for you to choose based on your convenience and affordability. Various services are offered along with doctor’s consultation regularly to evaluate your blood and other parameters, and ensure your health is on track.
Our comprehensive diabetic master health checkup consists of about 48 blood parameters including ECG that are relevant to your diabetic health. This helps to screen and evaluate if all your health parameters related to Diabetes is in order. Call our Health Advisor to suggest or provide your more information if any and book your appointment. You could either book home service for collecting the sample or walk-in to the center for giving your blood sample.
Other preventive health checks are also available. @ Lab & Diagnsotics
Diabetic Program at WELLBEEING
Diabetes Reversal Program & Science behind
Benefits of Diabetes Reversal Program
FAQs on Daibetic Reversal Program
Limitation of Conventional System
More info on Diabetes
Role of Functional Medicine
Role of Ayurveda
Role of Naturopathy
Role of Yoga
Reports of few Patients
Our 5 Stage approach towards your Health for Diabetes
Identify the problem (NCDs) and the stage or phase of the ailment.
Our Health Advisors screen and counsel you on our approach and its benefits.
Medical screening and assessment followed with consultations by integrated team of doctors.
We evaluate the risk, medicine and its dosage, and other related issues for deriving a treatment plan.
We recommend a treatment plan with a deatiled schedule based on the body type and stage of the disease.
Being an Integrative & Functional Medicine patient is all about YOU!
You likely will find our approach is NOT the medical care you have been receiving so far. Our approach is different entirely.
When starting the journey, it is important to understand your role as an Integrative & Functional medicine patient.
Allopathic medicine diagnosis and gives a medication or offers procedures to treat the symptoms or slow down progress of the disease. This only “covers” the symptoms while the progression of the disease continues. Sometimes the medication received may causes you another symptom and then another medication is given for that “side effect”. With this, healthcare starts to feel more like “sick care”. Because an individual continues to progress in the severity of the illness, with little being done to seek the root cause.
The diagnosis in the Integrative & Functional Medicine model is just the beginning! In this new vision of healthcare, we are a team, and the goal is about changing the path of your future health, and the progression of the disease. The underlying cause or the root cause of the disease is the focus, not just the symptom. Here the patient and the doctor work as partners. Your doctor is your guide or a coach.
Foundational to your success is changing your mind-set about how patients and physicians interact, making a commitment to the process, and willingness to see nutrition as “medicine”.
Preparation of your Mind-set
- Be aware that these issues (or the disease) that you have been developing over long periods of time, will take time to heal. There really is no “quick fix”. Feeling well after doing something for a week doesn’t mean that the underlying problem has resolved (or the root cause is addressed) and it may take weeks to months, or even years, for your health trajectory to change (which is reversing the disease or preventing the progression of the disease). Please note, healing is constructive not just maintenance.
- First you have to commit to yourself that your health is worth taking action and knowing your ‘why’ will help with that commitment.
- Make your visits and follow-ups priority, as these check-ins are key to your success. Your annual or 6 months once visit to doctor to check your reports or status of your symptoms are not how our approach model works.
- Share what’s working and what isn’t working as commitments can be adjusted.
- Sometimes you have to step back a bit before stepping forward again.
- Sometimes, you may feel worse before you feel better.
- Behavioural changing process will take some time, as habits die hard.
- Prepare to commit to yourself a minimum of 3 months to create good habits, break old ones and create lifelong success with any suggested lifestyle changes.
Nutrition is medicine
- A dietary plan is of upmost importance and is the core of improving your health.
- This is not something you will have to follow forever, but will be a key aspect in your initial health plan.
- These healthy habits are likely to rub off the longer you do follow them.
- Depending on your current level of nutrition, supplements are often suggested and the intention is that many are temporary and utilized for a few months during a protocol.
STEP I: Register online or call to schedule an appointment.
STEP II: Your first consultation might need 45-90 minutes to organize your history in great detail and you will be asked to complete a thorough health questionnaire. This is very important to determine the best route of your care moving forward.
STEP III: From this, we focus on the areas of greatest concern for you and where your body needs the most support. An initial plan will be developed at this time with some foundational suggestions to get started. For some, this may be all that is needed.
STEP IV: However, based on the initial discussion, lab tests may be recommended.
STEP V: Our treatment plan will include some or all of the following
1. Functional Medicine Practitioner’s advice on
- Therapeutic Diets
- Functional Nutrition
- Lifestyle Change
- Pharmaceuticals (if required)
2. Ayurvedic Doctor’s advice on
- Herbal Medication (if required)
- Ayurvedic Therapies (if required)
3. Naturopathic Doctor’s advice on
- Holistic Nutrition
- Yoga Therapy
4. Visualisation / Meditation / Emotional Freedom technique therapy sessions / Psychotherapy session
STEP VI: You will receive through the portal the prescription recommendations to continue for the next 4-weeks.
STEP VII: Depending on your program, you will have follow up sessions with Integrative & Functional Medicine Practitioners every week or once in 2 week.
Attend the first session from our Health Advisor to understand how this program will help you live a healthier and a happier life.